Being alone isn't lonely, take yourself out on the town. Have some quality ME time this weekend.
Charles Barkley, a professional basketball commentator for TNT, may donate his salary to charity if the NBA lockout isn’t resolved. As the Washington Post reports, Barkley just doesn’t feel comfortable accepting money for work he’s not actually doing.
Charles Barkley indicated that he doesn’t have much sympathy for the millionaire NBA players whose salaries keep increasing despite a worldwide recession going on all around them. However, he does feel bad for the team’s staff and the employees of the arenas that stand to lose a lot more if the season is cancelled.
We not only love Charles Barkley’s charitable nature, but we also love his hilarious mouth. Here are eight quotes attributed to Barkley that we can’t help but giggle at:
- “I love New York City; I’ve got a gun.”
- “I’m not a role model. Just because I dunk a basketball doesn’t mean I should raise your kids.”
- “My family got all over me because they said Bush is only for the rich people. Then I reminded them, ‘Hey I’m rich.’”
- “My initial response was to sue her for defamation of character, but then I realized that I had no character.”
- “Somebody hits me, I’m going to hit him back. Even if it does look like he hasn’t eaten in a while.”
- “The only difference between a good shot and a bad shot is if it goes in or not.”
- “We don’t need refs, but I guess white guys need something to do.”
- “I don’t care what people think, people are stupid.”
You may also like: